The difference is in the quality of the foam sponge. Hikari Aquarium Solutions Bacto-Surge Foam Filter employs the highest-quality foam sponge they could source to provide outstanding mechanical and biological filtration. Extreme foam density allows for greater surface area per square inch to support significant levels of beneficial bacteria. In addition, the unique air dispersion design maximizes uplift to pull aquarium water through the foam at a higher rate resulting in optimal conditions for beneficial bacteria AND thorough aquarium filtration.
Hikari Aquarium Solutions Bacto-Surge Foam Filter features locking internal connectors to prevent separation during operation and a heavy base to reduce chances of the sponge filter from floating.
Ideal mechanical and biological filter for:
- Nano tanks
- Smaller freshwater aquariums
- Breeding tanks
- Fry holding tanks
- Quarantine tanks
- Polishing of marine aquariums
- High-quality aquarium sponge filter for efficient biological filtration
- Supports large bacterial populations to break down aquarium waste
- Dense, high-quality foam ensure reliable longer lasting aquarium use
- Small - Dimensions: 5" x 5" x 4.13" high - Up to 40 gallons
- Large - Dimensions: 5" x 5" x 6" high - Up to 75 gallons