High volume air pumps inject a steady flow of air even in large or deep ponds. Increases dissolved oxygen levels to ensure fish health, proper biological filtration, and a healthy pond environment. Great way to raise vital oxygen levels during warm summer days when water is less able to hold oxygen. Also use during harsh winters to maintain proper gas exchange and to prevent surface water from icing over. Energy-efficient and quiet operation. Use 5/8" ID flexible vinyl tubing for AP-20 and AP-40, and 3/4" ID flexible vinyl tubing for AP-60 and AP-100 (tubing not included).
6 ft power cord, stabilizing rubber feet, water resistant ABS plastic housing, and a 6 port barbed air diffuser on AP20, a 12 port barbed air diffuser on AP-40, a 14 port barbed air diffuser on AP-60, and a 33 port barbed air diffuser on AP-100. 8" x 10" x 8-1/2". Shelter from weather.
|Max Pond Size
|Up to 2,000 gallons
|Up to 5,000 gallons
|Up to 7,000 gallons
|Up to 10,000 gallons
- Connect one end of a length of hose to the outlet on the pump. (For Model AP20 and AP-40, use 5/8" I.D. hose. For Models AP-60 & 100, use 3/4" I.D. hose.) Hose length is the distance from the permanent location of the pump to the water's edge plus the depth of the water. (NOTE: A short section of hose and 2 clamps are included in this package. These parts are for aquarium installations and should be disregarded here.)
- Connect the supplied barbed diffuser to the other end of the hose.
- The diffuser needs to be weighted since it is very buoyant when filled with air. Attach the diffuser and about 4" of hose to a heavy object, such as a brick, with a cable tie (do not use a weight that will rust or leach toxic substances).
- Locate pump in a protected area. It should be covered to shelter it from rain and the elements. Be sure to allow for ventilation. Locate pump so that it cannot fall into the water.
In winter, damp air can condense onto the inside wall of the hose. This can eventually block the hose completely, therefore, it is important to check frequently during periods of freezing temperatures.
Service and Maintenance
There are no parts that need lubrication. The integrated air filter requires periodic cleaning. To clean the air filter media, remove the air filter cover. Extract the filter media from the pump and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Replace media into the empty filter cavity, replace the air filter, cover, and refasten.
The Pondmaster AP-Series air pumps have been designed to satisfy the requirements of a multitude of water-related applications. All AP-Series air pumps operate on standard 110V electric power source and come with a 6 ft power cord. The non-oil lubricated motor is designed to operate efficiently and save energy. For outdoor applications, it is recommended that the water resistant ABS plastic unit be enclosed to protect it from the elements. These beautifully designed, environmentally friendly pumps can be used for:
- Oxygenating outdoor ponds and water gardens
- De-icing outdoor installations during harsh winters
- Promoting healthier fish and aquatic plant life
- Increasing the breakdown of fish waste