PURPOSE AND BENEFITS
Safe for use on food fish and shellfish.
ClorAm-X® is a highly concentrated powder that completely neutralizes ammonia, chlorine and chloramines from fresh and salt water. It is nontoxic to fish and invertebrates. ClorAm-X should be used:
- When conditioning new water for aquariums, tanks, ponds, and live-haul containers,
- After or during water additions,
- Before adding new plants, invertebrates, fishes or amphibians to an existing aquarium, tank, or pond, and
- To live-haul containers, during transportation of live fishes, amphibians, or aquatic invertebrates, to control and eliminate ammonia in the shipping water.
- To control ammonia in rotifer cultures.
Dosage rate: 1 oz ClorAm-X per 235 gallons of water removes 1 mg/L of total ammonia. A 5-lb box treats 18,749 gallons.
Note: Water treated with ClorAm-X cannot be accurately tested using Nessler's-type ammonia tests or Winkler-type D.O. kits.